First live solo album from Brenton Brown
Published 06 September 2012
Singer songwriter Brenton Brown will release his first live solo record, God My Rock, next month.
It also marks Brenton's first live worship project since Vineyard UK's Come Now is the Time and Hungry.
God My Rock is out on 2 October from Integrity and features six new songs, as well as new versions of some of Brenton's most popular worship songs, including "Everlasting God" which merges with John Mark McMillan’s “How He Loves”.
The album was recorded with his band, The Worship Republic (Daniel Ornellas - bass, Ben Showalter - drums and Scotty Murray - guitar), in Dayton, Ohio, in front of 4,000 high school age students at a Dare2Share event.
The album comes on the back of a two-year touring stint for Brenton and his band.
“The pace and energy of this album,” says Brenton, “comes straight from so many of these amazing times of worship we’ve spent with middle and high schoolers over the last two years.”
The first single release from the album, also called "God My Rock", is a collaboration with Paul Baloche and draws inspiration from "Great is Thy Faithfulness".
In a similar vein to that great hymn, God My Rock points to the unshakeable truth of God's reliability.
The worship leader also draws inspiration from the moments of faith that sparkle through the grassroots church.
He recalls the time he led worship for a Will Graham event and the moment the evangelist's altar call was responded to before he had even finished speaking.
“I will never forget the lady who ran to the front even before Will had finished speaking, asking, ‘Is this real? Is this happening? Can I get saved right now?’" he shares.
“It was so moving and unforgettable. I was so grateful when the lines ‘Jesus take all of me, I run to You, I run to You’ came to me, in a small way capturing the specialness of those nights.”
That special moment gave rise to the 'altar call' song, "Jesus Take All Of Me (Just As I Am").
Other inspired songs include "Jesus My Victory", a kind of 'communion song' written with Saddleback's Travis Ryan during a worship leader's retreat.
A 'doxology', "Send Us Out", was written at a Baptist youth camp near Lubbock, Texas, and a 'pre-sermon' song, "Word of God", was written with Harvest Bible Chapel worship leader Andi Rozier.
The full God My Rock track listing with respective songwriters follows:
1) Our God Is Mercy – (Brenton Brown, Eoghan Heaslip, Nick Herbert)
2) Joyful – (Brenton Brown, Jason Ingram) (Link to Joyful video)
3) God My Rock – (Brenton Brown, Paul Baloche)
4) Jesus Take All of Me (Just As I Am) – (Brenton Brown, Charlotte Elliott)
5) Send Us Out – (Brenton Brown)
6) Wonderful Redeemer – (Brenton Brown)
7) Jesus My Victory (Communion Song) – (Brenton Brown, Travis Ryan, Brandon Collins)
8) Hosanna (Praise Is Rising) – (Brenton Brown, Paul Baloche)
9) Word of God – (Brenton Brown, Andi Rozier)
10) Humble King – (Brenton Brown)
11) Glorious – (Brenton Brown, Paul Baloche)
12) Like The Angels – (Brenton Brown)
13) I Saw The Light – (Hank Williams)
14) Everlasting God – How He Loves – (Brenton Brown, Ken Riley, John Mark McMillan) (Link to Everlasting God song story)
More news from the world (section)